Prevent Home Break-Ins
Burglars Gain Entry Most Often By Kicking In Doors... And That's a Fact. Why Are Doors So Easily Kicked-in or Forced Open?
It all comes down to one critical design flaw and it's found in virtually every exterior residential door entryway. Most exterior doors, hinges, deadbolts and door locks are fairly strong. It's the WOODEN DOOR FRAME (also known as the door jamb) that is the weakest area.
Dream Doors and Windows is a door company who builds beautiful safe and secure entry doors. Our doors have held up to a police battering ram!
Come by Dream Doors and More today to see how our doors can give you safety and security at no extra cost!
The FBI Says: "Every 12 seconds a home is invaded by someone simply going right through the door."
Home invasions and residential burglaries are dramatically on the rise. According to the latest FBI statistics, only 12.4% of burglars are ever caught, charged and convicted. The latest crime statistics on home invasions, burglaries, and robberies in the United States are staggering:
- 70.3% of Burglaries Involve Residential Properties
- 67.6% of Burglaries Involved Forcible Entry or Attempts
- 38% of All Assaults Occur During a Home Invasion
- 60% of All Rapes Occur During a Home Invasion
Here's some Very Scary Little Known Crime Facts...
- Most home burglaries take place between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. A burglar does not want anyone home while they rob a house.
- Most home invasions take place between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. The whole premise of a home invasion is for the occupants to be at home so the intruder can extract valuable information from the occupants such as; where the "real" valuables are, bank account information, credit cards and pin numbers, car keys, etc.
- Many home invaders have much more sinister thoughts in mind, such as physically or sexually assaulting you or your loved ones (60% of all rapes occur during a home invasion).
I just wanted to say "thank you" for the beautiful job on my new entry door. Your technician was prompt, courteous and exceeded my expectations in every way. In addition to installing the new glass, he fixed the existing latch and made adjustments so that the door operates more smoothly than ever before.
— Michael Spires